The headquarters for Perak Health Department is located at Jalan Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab, 30590 Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan. Originally it was a mansion built in the year of 1910 owned by the Foo Family, a wealthy chinese businessman.
In early 1938 during the British colonization in Malaya, the building had been convered to a Doctor's Clinic for the Europeans in Ipoh. Then, it was transformed as Sanitary Board Office for Kinta District until the Japanese occupation in Malaya.
In September 1945, the British Military Administration (BMA) operated in Ipoh while the Director of Medical and Health Office was based in Taiping. When the Civil Administration started to operate in April 1946, this building was been made as the office for the State Director of Medical and Health. The first State Director was Dr. E.A Struthers that had served from 9 Mei 1946 until 18 Mac 1947.